Saturday, July 23, 2016

2016-2017 School Supply List

I remember my first year of teaching when I had to make a school supply list that my kids would get and bring for my class.  I think my first list was something like:

Mrs. T's First School Supply List
  • Notebook paper
  • Pencils/Pens
  • ??
I guess I just thought that the kids would automatically be organized, but I was wrong!  I now feel that it is part of my job to teach middle school kids how to be organized because they certainly don't know how.  

After many years of teaching, I now have some supplies that I ask each student to bring and I feel that this list is inexpensive and reasonable items to have in class.  I promise that we will use each of these supplies, probably daily! Being prepared is one of the most important actions you can take for your classroom.  If you don't know what they need, how can you expect the students and parents to know? 
If you don't have a plan that you will put into action, then you are planning to fail!  So, the following is what we will be using this year:

2016-2017 School Supply List for Mrs. T's ELA Class
  • 1 bound composition book (no spiral and preferably college-ruled
  • 1 folder with prongs and pockets
  • College-ruled notebook paper
  • Pink, green, blue, and yellow highlighters
  • Blue or Black pens or Pencils (You can choose what you write with)

While this list is not elaborate, I am pretty sure this is all we will need in my class this year.  Of course, I would love for students to bring in Kleenex, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, and index cards to help out my classroom supply, but as far as their personal supplies, I think this covers it.


No comments:

Post a Comment